Saturday, March 31, 2007

Book learnin'

I just finished another book, the Best of the Realms volume 1 anthology. This is a book of short stories set in the Forgotten Realms campaign setting in Dungeons and Dragons. It's not a great book, but one of my guilty pleasures is reading books like this; sometimes I like to not think when I'm reading. It's a good escape from the rigors of avoiding my school-related duties.
The fact that I read about (and play, when I can) D&D is a source of much chagrin for my wife. I have been playing since I was about 6, when my oldest brother introduced myself and my other brother to the game. I've played sporadically since then, and have always enjoyed it. I haven't gotten around to finding a group with whom I could play here in Socorro, but I reckon that, given the amount of time I already leave my wife bored and alone, it wouldn't fly very well if I was away an evening every week. Plus, I'm pretty sure I would be older than everybody else playing.
Next book on the reading list: The Highwayman by R.A. Salvatore, easily my favorite D&D novel author. I also met him once at Comic Con in San Diego. He was very nice. After that, it's some hard literature with a Dostoevsky excerpt. If you're looking at my blogger blog, my reading list is to the right.
And in just a few minutes we'll be leaving to go camping for the evening! Hurrah! Pictures to follow, hopefully.

1 comment:

Karen said...

It is a miracle that you have a wife at all. You should thank the Lord above every minute of every day for your blessing.