Saturday, July 21, 2007

Outdoors movie watchin'

So last night I got together with Arun, BT, and friend R out at the Albuquerque Civic Plaza downtown for the first of five Civic Cinema events this summer. The City is putting on free movies downtown, which is pretty exciting! Did I mention it's free?
The movie last night was the classic Casablanca starring Humphrey Bogart and Ingrid Bergman. I had seen this movie once before, when we had a weeklong substitute teacher in high school. What a great movie, I think I enjoyed it more this time around. There will be four more movies this summer: Lonely are the Brave, Some Like it Hot, The Day the Earth Stood Still, and To Kill a Mockingbird. The last is the only one I've seen. I will be gone next weekend one way or another, but otherwise I hope to get to all of these.
Today I got the book and I am running a desperate campaign to avoid spoilers. I have had it for like 1.5 hours and have not yet opened it! Trying to get through another, fairly long article first.

1 comment:

Karen said...

When you do read the book, please don't say anything plot-related on your blog...our book will not be here til we get back from Scandinavia or after! Thanks much.