Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Article 3, more

Alison's third article is out at the times. Go here to check it out. I have determined that the Times is schizophrenic about when it will let you look at a particular article without being registered, so I will post a link to another website when somebody else reprints it.
I just noticed that the only thing I blog about anymore is Alison's journalistic endeavor. That's because I've done nothing latewwwly with my life, other than work. My current schedule has me waking up at 5:45 am (alarm starts at 5:30, although since I am always freaked out about missing the alarm, I tend to wake up several times to check to see what time it is...this morning, at 1am and 4am at least), eating breakfast and fixing lunch, leaving at 6:15-6:20, biking 15 minutes to the van stop, waiting for the van to get there at 6:45, then riding to Socorro, where we arrive around 7:55 (although the driver today was a speed demon and we were here by 7:45). I then get hungry by 9am, snack at 10, and graze for the rest of the day. Back on the van at 5:05 or 5:10, and get back to the van stop around 6:20 to 6:30. Hope that my bike is still there. So far it has. Bike home, get there around 6:45-ish. This schedule makes me tired; mornings are my natural enemy. Also, I think my plants resent being in the house by themselves all day with no cooling; thank goodness for adobe, at least. Bike lanes are short to nonexistant here; at least I miss rush hour as it stands. Downtown is strangely deserted both when I bike to the van, and when I bike back. I've never been in a city that was like that.
In other news, I will be out in LA visiting Alison the weekend of July 8th. This will entail getting to the Greyhound station on the afternoon-evening of July 5 (Thursday), bussing overnight to arrive noonish in LA, then leaving LA on the evening of July 9 to arrive back in Abq on July 10. This will be my first >1 hour experience on a Greyhound, and should be a thrilling adventure. I'll be sure to post all details.

No comments: