Friday, June 15, 2007

A Socorro kind of day

Today I took the van pool to Socorro, where I am working for the day. I hope to make this a more regular occurrence, as this is only the second time I've come down since we moved to the big ABQ. Turning onto Bullock, I actually missed Socorro a little somehow. Got a glimpse of the old house, so it appears to be still standing (or at least the southwest corner). Missing Socorro is an odd sensation, as most people who have spent time here can attest. I do not in any way regret the move to Albuquerque, where I can take a bus to a Minor League baseball game any time I want to when they're in town, and a place where there are ultimate frisbee leagues and softball leagues and a climbing gym and an REI and more than 3 good restaurants and an organic food delivery service. It's just one of those things where you go back somewhere that you used to be all the time, and that you got used to, and now your life is different from then. Sort of nostalgia, but not the "wish I was there" kind.
It quickly passed when I thought about it.

No comments: