Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Hoo boy.

So I'm currently watching Frontline on PBS. The episode tonight is titled Endgame. It's about the steps we took that got us into the mess we're in now. Now, I started writing this because I heard a great quote by dubya that I wanted to get right, but I can't find it anywhere. This was a quote from early in the was, something to the effect of the life of the people of Iraq is an example to the other peoples of the Middle East of what it is like to live in a free country. That considered, I'm sure that nobody will ever want to live in a free country again, what with conditions there being what they are.

Here's a pretty apt quote:
Free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction.
George W. Bush
Fact: The United States has more than an order of magnitude more active nuclear warheads than any other country on Earth other than Russia.

2 comments:

Alison said...

Just wear a headset while you're listening to whatever and type while they're talking. Then you'll get the quotes :)

Alison said...

Also there was an article in the mainstream media the other day about Conservapedia or whatever it's called. Didn't you blog about that a long time ago? I guess you are ahead of the curve.