Monday, June 4, 2007

New House

So we moved into a new house this past week. Well, it's a really old house, but new to us. And completely remodeled. It's very very nice. It is also half the size of our Socorro house, or possibly even a little less. To get an idea of how much nicer this house is (despite its advanced age), consider this: the sloping floors in our Socorro house we considered ghetto; the sloping floors in this house we consider quaint.
The new house is made entirely out of adobe, and I haven't yet flipped on the swamp cooler, except once to test it. It's funny for those of us who have lived in Phoenix how people here think that 85 degrees is really hot.
We are having internet issues at the new house, which is why Alison and I haven't updated in a while. She's in DC right now getting orientated to the damn liberal media. I hope to take some pictures of the house soon, and put them up somewhere so you all can see it. Maybe I can have the house organized before Alison gets back. In the meantime, here is a mock-up of the house that I did in powerpoint to whet your appetite.

1 comment:

Karen said...

This mock-up does absolutely nothing for me. Is there really only one window? I doubt it.

Good luck with the organizing before Alison gets home, if you mean when she gets home in August :)